Makes 15 - 20 biscuits
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g butter
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- Currents – for the eyes
- Tubes of readymade icing sugar to decorate the men!
- Mix together the flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda.
- Rub in the butter until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix together the egg and golden syrup then add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix together until it forms a dough. Tip out onto a clean, floured work surface and knead for a minute or two until it is smooth.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll out the dough ,and cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Use the currents for eyes,If you want to hang them on tree remember to use a straw to punch a hole in the top.
- Lay the biscuits on a greased baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave on the baking tray until cool. Decor, thread with ribbon and hang on the tree.