Preparation time: 20 min.
- 225g plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 110g butter
- 30g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp water
- Cut the butter into small cubes and distribute them evenly over the flour, Rub the butter lightly into the flour with your finger tips, Lifting the mixture while rubbing to keep it cool and as airy as possible. Continue until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Acd the sugar and mix in well.
- Gently beat the egg yolks together.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and stir in the egg mixture and add the cold water
- Add using your hands mould into soft dough (you may need to add a little more water.
- Turn the dough onto a floured board and kneed lightly untill it is smooth. Roll out and use as required or place in freezer bag or cling film and freeze until required.