Crab cakes with a lemon mayonnaise
Serves 4. Cooking time: 30 min.
- 1.25 kg of cooked crab meat
- 300 ml olive oil
- 900 g floury potatoes
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley — leaves only and finely chopped
- Flour, for dusting
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 beaten eggs
- For the mayonnaise
- 3 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon - juice only
- 400 ml groundnut oil
- Make your mayonnaise as usual substituting the lemon juice for the vinegar. Refrigerate.
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water until soft. Mash with a fork and mix in the crab meat and flat leaf parsley. Season.
- Divide the mixture into balls and gently on a lightly floured surface mould into round flat patties.
- Pass the cakes first through the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat some oil in a large pan. Add the cakes and fry for roughly three minutes (or until they are golden in colour). Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of your mayonnaise