Ingredients: For the sauce
- 600ml fish stock
- 150ml Noilly Prat
- 50ml double cream
- 1 cucumber
- 25g butter
- 4 x 450g John Dory, filleted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely shredded
- To make the sauce, put the fish stock and Noilly Prat into a saucepan and boil rapidly until reduced by three-quarters to about 180ml. Now add the cream and continue to boil for two minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Peel the cucumber and then cut in half lengthways. Scoop out the seeds then cut each half across into slices 1cm thick. Add into the above sauce.
- Melt some of the butter in a large frying pan. Season the fillets and gently fry until cooked. Keep in a warm oven.
- Bring the sauce back to the boil season and add the fresh basil
- To serve, place the John Dory fillets on to your four warm plates. Spoon the sauce over the fish.