Sardines With Aubergine And Peppers
For 4 people. Preparation time: 30 min - 1 hour. Cooking time: 20 min.
- 1 aubergine
- 1 red and 1 green pepper
- 2 fat cloves of garlic -crushed
- Sea salt
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato peeled
- 2 tins of sardines
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Cut the aubergine in to fine slices. Sprinkle with sea salt and leave to one side for ½ hour.
- During this time prepare your peppers: place them in a hot oven — about 180°C and when the skin looks brown remove and put them in a plastic bag.
- The skin will come off very easily! Cut into strips add the crushed garlic and the olive oil.
- Rinse the aubergine slices, dry them and either grill or fry in a non stick pan.
- Cook the onion — without colouring it- then spoon it into a casserole dish and cover with the aubergine. Season.
- Add the tomato —retaining the juice -and put the sardines on top of the vegetables, cover them with the peppers and the tomato juice.
- Put in the oven for about 20 minutes on 150/180°C ( this will depend on how hot your oven is).
- Serve with fresh basil leaves on top.