Sauteed Mussels And Clams From Federica Poupin
- Red pepper flakes
- Italian flat leaf parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Clean the mussels (scrape off any "barnacles" and pull out the brush sticking out the ends).
- Soak the mussels and clams in salted water into which you have added some flour to clean them of their impurities, changing the water after half an hour and repeat once then drain and rinse.
- Saute garlic, red pepper flakes and Italian parsley in extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the mussels and clams.
- Cover and let them cook until almost all of them have opened.
- Discard any molluscs that haven't opened.
- Serve the opened mussels and clams in their shells in the broth.
- Enjoy with toasted bread.