For 4 people. Cooking time: 30 min
- 1 sea bass of about 1.5 kg —ask the fishmonger to gut it leave the scales on
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 bunches of fresh thyme or 2 table spoons of dried
- 1 tablespoon of Pernod
- 1 large baking tray — the grill pan is ideal and fill the pan with 4 cm water, this will keep the fish moist
- Pre heat the oven to 210'C.
- Baste the fish with the olive oil, Pernod, salt and pepper and put on the prepared baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn down the temperature to 180C and cook for a further 5-10 minutes, check to see the fish is cooked by inserting a knife into the flesh if it goes straight through then the fish is cooked.
- Serve with buttered new potatoes and broccoli.