Chicken Curry by Flora Alam
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 40 ml oil – vegetable or sunflower
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- ½ tsp Coriander
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 3 -4 Fresh green chillies
- Mango pickle
- 6 Chicken pieces (skinned)
- In a pan fry onions until soft.
- Add garlic and ginger, fry until soft.
- Then add the cumin, coriander and turmeric, cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add chicken, and turn the heat up so the chicken browns a little, add
a little bit of salt.
- Add some water, not that much just enough to come up to a quarter in
height of the chicken.
- Add the chillies, turn the heat down and cover with a lid.
- After about 20 min, remove lid and turn chicken over, cook for
a further 20 min, or until chicken is cooked.
- Add a tbs of mango pickle
- With the spices, this is just a guideline (the same with the chillies)
it really depends on how hot you like your curries!!!