Serves 2. Prep time 10 mins. Cooking time 10 mins.
- 150 g of soft butter
- 8 slices of bread
- 4 thin slices of gruyere cheese
- 4 slices of good quality ham
- Lightly butter the bread and place on 4 of the slices a layer of cheese and then place the ham on top finishing off with the other slice of bread.
- In a frying pan melt some butter and lightly fry the sandwiches until they are coloured on both sides.
- If you are not going to eat at once leave them in a warm oven.
- For a croque-madame
- Add a fried egg on the top of each sandwich