Cumberland sausages in a red wine & onion gravy
For 2 people. Cooking time: 45 min.
- 4 plump Cumberland sausages
- 6 medium onions - sliced
- 2 fat cloves of garlic -chopped
- 1 sprig of thyme or 1 dessertspoon of dried
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 280 ml stock
- 2 large glasses of red wine
- A frying pan
- Heat the oil in the pan and gently brown the sausages then remove and leave on one side.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic to the pan and sweat (cook without colouring).
- Re — add the sausages to the pan pour in the stock (just enough to cover half the sausages), red wine and thyme. Season and leave to simmer for about 35 minutes — the sauce should be reduced by at least half.
- Serve with mash potatoes and peas