Duck Breasts with Rhubarb compote
For 4 people. Preparation time: 35 min. Cooking time: 15 min.
- 2 duck breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 3-4 medium sized sticks of rhubarb
- Agave use as much as you wish, as an alternative to honey or sugar
- A little water
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
- Score the skins of the duck breast and season well with the salt and pepper
- Heat your pan and place the duck breasts skin side down, turn frequently until the duck is a good colour, this should take 6-8 minutes
- Place the breasts into an oven proof dish and place in the oven for a further 8-10 mins. Remove, cover lightly with foil and leave to rest
For the compote
- Chop the rhubarb and add a little water and a few drops of the agave, you can always add more so just trust your taste buds!
- When the rhubarb has broken down into a sauce, slice the duck and spoon over the rhubarb