Duck With Baby Turnips
For 4-6 people. Cooking time: 1 hour 10 min.
- 2 kg duck breasts and/or legs
- 80g of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 kg of baby turnips
- 4 small onions
- Salt and pepper
- Season the duck pieces with salt and pepper, melt 25g of the butter with the oil and brush the duck with it.
- Put into a heavy bottomed dish add the wine, cover and cook for about 30 minutes on a gentle heat.
- Peel the turnips and the onions and in separate pans cook them without colouring, the turnips for about 10 mins and the onions for about 5 mins. Add the vegetables to the duck. Salt and pepper. Cook for a further 25-30 mins.
- Place the duck and vegetables on a serving dish.
- Reduce the cooking liquor over a high heat and mix in the rest of the butter. Gently pour the sauce over the duck and serve.