Morteau sausage with a creamy mushroom sauce
Serves 4 people
From Fabien Joly www.thefrenchcomte.co.uk
- 1 Morteau sausage 400 g
- 2 shallots
- 1 smallish glass dry white wine
- 120 g diced smoked bacon
- 20 g mushrooms, chanterelle
- 150 g cream
- 80 g of grated morbier
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cook the sausage in water for around 30mn over a low heat.
- Pour a little oil into a pan and gently fry the shallots until transparent.
- add the white wine and reduce.
- Add the diced bacon and fry until slightly crispy, then the mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When the mushrooms are nearly cooked add in the cream and simmer for a few minutes.
- Slice the sausage and add into the pan, stir, and add in the morbier, which will melt quite quickly.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.