For 2 people. Cooking time: 10 min.
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed
- For the hollandaise sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp water
- 100 g / 4 oz melted clarified butter
- Pinch of salt
- Make the hollandaise by whisking the egg yolks and water together add a pinch of salt, pour this into a saucepan and place over a gently heat, keep whisking until the sauce is smooth and covers the back of a spoon.
- Take off the heat and add the melted butter and whisk rapidly.
- Add the lemon juice. And whisk one last time — DON'T BOIL — then take off the heat and leave on the side.
- Place the asparagus standing up into a pan of boiling water for 3-5 minutes (depends on the thickness of the spears — you can check when they are ready by gently piercing the stalks with a knife to see if they are tender).
- Serve with placing the spears on a plate and spoon over the hollandaise.
- His is a really simple dish — towards the end of the Asparagus season (late June) you can add the Asparagus spears into say a risotto dish but to be honest fresh sauce