Serves 6 people.
- 1 head celery, strings removed
- 450 g onions, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 600 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 large glass of white wine (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cut the celery into 6 cm strips
- Arrange in layers with the onions in a ovenproof dish, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in the stock and wine. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour or until the celery is tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.