Broad Beans With Lardons
For 4 people.
- 2 kg of fresh broad beans
- 2 small onions
- 40g of butter
- 1 tablespoon of ground nut oil
- 150g of lardons (bacon cut into strips)
- 4 stalks of fresh Thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare the beans and blanch in hot water.
- Finely chop the onions, heat the butter and oil in a pan and gently cook the onions, add the lardons and mix for about 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and the thyme. Season.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water mix and leave simmering gently for 10 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Serve very hot.