For 4 people. Preparation time: 15 min. Cooking time: 50 min.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large or 2 small onions, chopped
- 8 bacon rashers
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1 small cauliflower, cut in florets, leaves sliced
- 570 ml / 1 ½ pints vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 dessertspoons fromage frais
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the potatoes and cauliflower and mix well. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor, then return to the pan. Reheat gently, taste and add salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cut the bacon into strips and fry bacon until crisp, add into the pan and stir in cheese and fromage frais.