Fricassee Of Sprouts
Serves 4 people. Cooking time in total 2 hours.
- 1 kg Brussel sprouts
- 500 g carrots
- 300 g onions
- 3 or 4 goose fat
- Bay leaf, thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the sprouts for about 10 mins then drain.
- Slice the carrots into small strips.
- In a pan, sweat the onions with a spoon of the goose fat when they become transparent sprinkle over a spoon of sugar. When they are golden, remove and leave to one side.
- Do the same as above for the carrots.
- Add the remainder of the fat to the pan sauté the sprouts for a few minutes. Add the onions and carrots, a bay leaf and some thyme.
- Leave the pan uncovered until the fat has evaporated.
- Stir carefully so you don't break up the sprouts.
- Season, cover until the carrots are cooked