For 4 people. Preparation time: 20 min. Cooking time: 1h 30 min.
- 1 kg Desirée potatoes
- 1 nutmeg
- 100 g grated cheese — your choice
- 250 g cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- Butter an oven proof dish, roughly 28 x 18 cm.
- Pre heat an oven to 200C
- Peel both the potatoes and slice into very thin rounds.
- In a pan pour in the cream add the garlic and the potatoes and bring gently to the boil cook for about 5 mins and then remove from the heat.
- Layer the potatoes into the dish and on each layer grate a little nutmeg and a light covering of cheese. Finish with the remainder of cheese on the top and place in the oven for roughly 45 — 60 mins