Lettuce Spring Rolls
For 2 people.
- 450g pork sliced
- 5cm fresh root ginger, peeled
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pepper finely sliced
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2tsp light soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts - chopped
- ½ cucumber de seeded and finely sliced
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 large iceberg lettuce, broken into leaves
- Chinese plum sauce
- Cut the pork fillets into slices about 1 cm and put into a bowl.
- Grate the ginger and add to the pork along with the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sugar
- Leave for at least 2 hours.
- Stir fry the pork with the pepper, cashew nuts and add the honey.
- To serve, take one of the lettuce leaves spoon in some of the pork mixture, some pieces of cucumber and onions then add a little plum sauce and eat!!