For 4 people. Preparation time: 20 min. Cooking time: 30 min.
- 8 ripe plump fresh figs
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 50 g butter
- 4 sage leaves chopped — optional
- 15 cl balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small pan and reduce a little.
- Cut a little cross on the top of each fig and place them in an ovenproof dish
- Put a little bit of butter into the top of each fig and if using sage push a little bit into the figs as well.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the figs and then pour a little of the balsamic vinegar over each one
- Put into the oven for roughly 30 mins.
- Serve with a generous dollop of ice-cream.