- ½ corn on the cob, kernels cut off and cob discarded
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 150ml whole milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Steam the sweetcorn over boiling water for two minutes.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the middle, add the egg and a little of the milk and stir together, adding the rest of the milk slowly until you have a thick batter.
- Add the steamed sweetcorn and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and pour in ladlefuls of batter to make small pancakes. Cook for two minutes on each side, set aside and keep warm.