For 4-6 people. Preparation time: 60 min. Cooking time: 45 min.
- 1 green cabbage
- 3 fat cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of tomatoes chopped
- Grated cheese — up to you how much
- For the Stuffing:
- 250 g minced beef
- 250 g minced pork — or sausage meat
- 4 fat cloves of garlic
- ½ packet of dried parsley or a bunch of fresh finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- In a pan of boiling water cook the cabbage leaves until slightly tender — about 6 mins. Then pat dry with a tea towel
- In each leaf put a dollop of the stuffing, roll tightly and place in an ovenproof dish
- For the Sauce:
- Melt a little butter in a pan and add the onion, garlic and tomatoes -leave to cook for about 15 mins.
- Pass the sauce through a sieve and pour over the stuffed cabbage.
- Top with the grated cheese and pop in the oven for about 30- 45 mins.