For 12 people. Cooking time: 20 min.
Ingredients - For the cakes:
- 6 oz (175g) self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 oz (110g) softened butter
- 4 oz (110g) caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-2 dessertspoons milk
- Icing sugar
- Marshmallows or perhaps jelly babies or smarties
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C).
- You will also need a 12 bun baking tin and paper baking cases.
- Combine all the ingredients (except the milk) in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the milk.
- Drop an equal quantity of the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake on the centre shelf for about 15-20 minutes — use a knife to check.
- Remove and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- When totally cold mix the icing sugar as per the direction on its packet and decorate however your imagination takes you.
Tip: If you are on a gluten-free diet use your usual GF flour (Dove's Farm is the best) and add a teaspoon of baking powder — the cakes may not rise as much but will be equally as delicious.