Serves 4 people.
- 6 slices - (1-in) crusty white bread; cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garliccrushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Sea salt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 anchovies
- 2 tbsp lemon juices
- Salt and pepper
- 2 romaine lettuces — torn into 2 inch pieces
- Grated parmesan - to your taste
- Shaved parmesan
Method: For the croutons
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium-size bowl, toss bread cubes with olive
- Oil, garlic, and parsley; season with salt. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toast croutons until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
Method: For the salad
- In a large bowl add the crushed garlic and then stir in egg yolks and Dijon mustard. Add anchovies, and grind to a paste. Add lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Slowly stir in olive oil until dressing is creamy.
- Add lettuce to bowl, and toss to coat leaves thoroughly with dressing and grated Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle croutons over salad, and serve topped with shaved parmesan