Mussels With Red Wine And Rosemary
For 4 people. Preparation time: less than 30 min. Cooking time: less than 10 min.
- 900g/2lb mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150ml/¼ pint red wine
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary or dried rosemary to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the onion and garlic.
- Add the wine and rosemary, bring to the boil.
- Add the mussels, cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until the mussels open. Discard any mussels that remain closed after cooking.