For 2 people.
- 2 fillets of sea trout (substitute organic salmon if sea trout not available)
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 10 asparagus spears
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- ½ tsp vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of pepper
- 20 g of butter
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 shallow pan
- 1 saucepan
- 1 sieve
- Put the tomatoes into a food processor and blitz for 2 minutes.
- Pass the tomatoes through a fine sieve into a small saucepan and add the vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar and thyme and leave to one side.
- Lay the fish fillets into the shallow pan and add the stock — don't cover the fish as you only want it to be gently poached.
- Boil some water in a pan and either pop the asparagus in to or gently steam it.
- Put the tomato sauce back onto the heat and add the butter continuously whisking this will thicken the sauce.
- To serve pace 5 asparagus spears on each plate, place the fillets on top and gently coat with the tomato sauce — accompany with new potatoes and mange tout