Duck and Orange Pate
- 1 kg leg of duck
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- ½ stick of celery
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 star anise
- 1 clove
- 1 litre of white wine
- 150 ml of cognac
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- salt, pepper
- Peel the carrots and onions.
- In a pan, over a low heat , gently cook the duck legs, skin side down,
until they are caramelised
- Pour white wine into the pan then add the carrots and whole onions,
celery, rosemary, bay leaf, star anise, cloves, zest of the orange, salt
- Add the cognac. Simmer for about 3 hours over low heat.
- Drain the meat when cooked and then shred it, adding a little of the cooking juices.
- Stir in the orange juice, and stir every 30 minutes until the mixture is cold.
- Pour the mixture into either, ramekins, or bowls, pack the mixture tightly in, and
leave to stand for at least 6 hours.