Butternut Squash Soup
For 4 people. Cooking time: 40 min.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 fat cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of sage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 ml fresh chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 100 ml white wine
- Salt & pepper
- 50 g / 2 oz crème fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Peel and dice the butternut squash into 1 inch chunks. Put on roasting tray together with the sage a little olive oil. Roast for about 30-40 minutes or until tender
- Heat some oil in a frying pan until hot, then add the onion and garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes
- Add the wine and stock and bring to the boil
- Simmer for about 3-4 minutes, then add the cooked squash.
- Place it all into a food processor and blend to a puree
- Return the soup to a pan, heat through and season
- Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche .