Courgettes With Breadcrumbs
For 2 people
- 2-4 med sized courgettes
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 fat cloves of garlic — finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh parsley finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 140 C
- Wash the courgettes and slice them in half, lay them on a plate and sprinkle over some salt and sugar — this will soften them and get rid of their water content. Leave covered for about an hour.
- Rinse the sugar and salt off and dry them — scoop out the fleshy pips and leave to one side.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley and the fleshy bit of the courgettes and refill the courgettes.
- Place them gently onto a baking tray and lightly pour over some oil — be generous
- Place them in the oven for roughly 30 mins until the flesh is tender and the breadcrumbs golden.
- Serve warm