Omelette with Cheese
Serves 2. Cooking time: 6 min.
- 4 eggs
- 30 g butter
- Salt and pepper
- 75 g grated cheese (your choice maybe gruyere or cheddar)
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl add the salt and pepper and gently beat with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan over a gentle heat and when it is melted and slightly hot add the egg mixture gently rolling the pan to make sure that it covers the bottom of the pan you could do this with a fork.
- The omelette is cooked when all the egg mixture has coagulated if you would like it be slightly under cooked stop cooking when there is still a small amount of runny egg in the centre.
- Add the cheese now and carry on cooking until cheese has slightly melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and with a spatula or turner fold the omelette in half (if it breaks don't worry it's the taste you are looking for) and serve immediately.