Serves 6. Preparation time: 20 min.
- 175 ml a mixture of chopped Gherkins/ Capers
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves Pureed garlic
- 2 tbsp Chopped parsley
- 400ml Olive oil
- 100ml Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh breadcrumbs moisten with vinegar (optional)
- 4 Anchovies
- Place the anchovy fillets, capers and garlic into a mortar and pestle and pound until broken down and pour into a large bowl
- Add the onion, gherkins, capers, vinegar and if using the breadcrumbs add them.
- Gently incorporate the oil — do this gently.
- Add the chopped parsley.
- Check the seasoning — anchovies are very salty!!
- Serve with lamb, any kind of fish especially tuna