For 4 people. Cooking time: 60 min
- 4 aubergines
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- 450 g minced lamb
- 1 tin tomatoes (4000g)
- Pinch of cumin seeds
- 150ml stock
- 200ml white sauce
- 100g grated cheese (what ever you have in the fridge)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Thinly slice the aubergines then gently fry them on both sides — you could always do this in the oven - .
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Sweat the onions and garlic then add the lamb to brown it, then add the tomatoes.
- Add the cumin seeds and the stock and season and leave for 15 mins until it has reduced by about 2 cm
- On an ovenproof dish first put a layer of white sauce to cover the base of the dish then place a layer of aubergines the then a layer of mince and then a little bit of the white sauce continue until you finish up with a layer of
- Spoon over the remainder of the white sauce and then scatter with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven 20-25 minutes to colour the cheese and cook through.