Spicy Pork Wontons
For 2 people. Preparation time: 10 min. Cooking time: 10 min.
- 250 g minced pork
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 chunk ginger — about 1-2 cm
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 stalk of lemon grass
- 1 chili deseeded — 2 if you prefer it hotter
- Salt and pepper
- Wonton wrappers, about 20 (you can buy these in Chinese supermarkets)
- A steamer or a colander over boiling water
- Sweet and sour dipping sauce
- Finely chop the ginger, garlic lemongrass and chili.(will take 1 min in a food processor).
- Combine the above with the pork, season and add soy sauce.
- To fill the wontons, lay one won ton skin in front of you. Moisten all the edges of the won ton wrapper with water. Place a heaping teaspoon of won ton filling in the center and twist to seal. The final result should resemble a money bag.
- Over a pan of boiling water place your steamer and add a few of the wontons and steam for roughly 10 minutes.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
- As an alternative you could use minced prawn, or finely grated carrots and bean sprouts